Overview: The only reason for this website’s existence and operation is the gathering of data for our Licensees and their customers. These companies are interested in the experiences our Mystery Shoppers have while shopping at designated retail outlets. Accordingly, a certain amount of demographic data is required of the user of this site. A Closer Look, Inc. (hereinafter “ACL”) will use the demographic profile as entered by the Mystery Shopper in order to make the information submitted more useful to the end users of the collected data. This will necessitate your providing ACL with information you may otherwise consider private, and ACL will disclose this data to its Licensees and their customers.
1. Any adult (age 18 or above) wishing to participate as a Mystery Shopper will fill in completely the registration questionnaire. Any response left blank may cause ACL to reject your registration and deny you participation as a Mystery Shopper. No person under the age of 18 may become a Mystery Shopper.
2. In addition to the demographic questionnaire, you will provide us with your contact information. You will be assigned a unique Mystery Shopper username and password. The demographic information submitted online at the time of registration will be used to determine what mystery shopping events you may be allowed to participate in.
3. Our Use of Your Information. We use personally identifiable information about you to improve and evaluate mystery shopping reports submitted for marketing and promotional efforts, use your email address, your mailing address, and phone number to contact you regarding administrative notices, and communications relevant to your participation as a Mystery Shopper. We also may use information in the file we maintain about you, and information from your current and past activities on our Site to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our User Agreement.
4. Our Disclosure of Your Information. Unlike any other website, you can be sure that your registration information compiled as your demographic profile will be disclosed as the data you submit is the whole purpose of this site in the first place. ACL will undertake every effort to disclose this information only to Licensed users and such disclosure will only be in furtherance of the information gathering and assessment procedures of this site. Nevertheless, it is possible that parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We will disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability. We will absolutely prohibit and undertake every reasonable measure to prevent the retransfer of your demographic data or other information to any parties other than Licensees and their customers. The information you submit will not be used for any direct marketing or solicitation of you as a customer.
5. Security. ACL uses industry standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal identifiable information, such as firewalls and Secure Socket Layers. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet and if absolute privacy is that important to you then you should reconsider whether or not you should participate as a Mystery Shopper in the first place.